1. F- Superior 4. F- Irresponsible
2. H- Skeptical 5. H- Irreverant 13. Apathetic
3. L- Segregated 6. L- Irrelevant
COGNITION DECISION 15. Mocker
7. F- Corrupt 10. F- Doubtful
8. H- Contemptable 11. H- Distrustful 16. Unbeliever
9. L- Controlling 12. L- Defiant
Mk.12:30 and you shall love the lord your God with all your
heart, soul, mind and strength.
Faith - what you think. Hope - what you do. Love - what you share.
OVERCOME SUPERIORITY Mk.1 FAITH
Need to surrender ourselves, making Christ our CEO
1. Three References:
1. Isaiah, Mk.1:1-3;
2.John Baptist, Mk.1:4-8;
3. God the Father, Mk.1:9-11;
2. Three Qualifications:
1. Overpowering - defeats Satan Mk.1:12,13;
2. Discerning - understands OT Mk.1:14-15;
3. Inspiring - fishermen followed, Mk.1:16-20;
3. Three Virtues:
1. Composed - not easily upset, Mk.1:21-28;
2. Compassionate - heals all who came Mk.1:29-34;
3. Compelled - press on, go elsewhere Mk.1:35-39;
Correct Response Mk.1:40-45;
Leper surrenders to Christ and is healed but disobeys.
Lesson His resume is best and what we see is even if we sign
up we can always quit, as did the leper, Jesus forces no one to stay.
OVERCOME SKEPTICISM Mk.2 HOPE
Jesus doesn't argue with skeptics, teaches, reasons and moves on.
We need to quit being skeptical and submit to His will through His Word.
1. Skeptics At His Home
1. Forgives paralytic's sin Mk.2:1-5;
2. Challenged, only God can forgive Mk.2:6,7;
3. Heals paralytic, moves on. Mk.2:8-12;
2. Skeptics At Matthews Home
1. Visits with sinners Mk.2:15;
2. Accused of breaking protocol Mk.2:16-18;
3. Reasons, then moves on Mk.2:19-22;
3. Skeptics In A Field
1. Picking grain on a Sabbath Mk.2:23;
2. Accused of breaking law Mk.2:24;
3. Reasons and moves on, Mk.2:25-28;
Correct Response Mk.2:13,14;
Matthew hears Jesus can forgive, believes and follows.
Being a Levite he should have questioned, he doesn't,
he simply submits. Do you submit or argue with Christ?
OVERCOME SEGREGATION Mk.3 LOVE
Segregation - the separation from others, setting apart,
Solidarity - unity or fellowship arising from a common interest
1. Trap Set To Segregate Him From People Mk.3:1-6;
1. Minds set on doing man's will, trap Christ Mk.3:1-2;
2. Jesus mind set on doing God's will Mk.3:3-5
3. Plot to kill Jesus on the Sabbath Mk.3:6
2. Three Examples of Solidarity Amongst Followers Mk.3:7-19;
1. 7 groups naturally hate each other, got along Mk.3:7-8;
2. Boat not needed, people got along Mk.3:9-12;
3. 12 naturally hate each other, but got along Mk.3:13-19;
3. Segregation Cannot Survive Mk.3:20-38
1. Slandered by family and scribes Mk.3:20-22;
2. Kingdom divided cannot stand Mk.3:23-27;
3. Slander a brother, is slandering the HS Mk.3:28-30;
Correct Response Mk.3:31-35;
Solidarity happens when we focus on doing God's will.
Segregation happens, we are focused on man's will.
OVERCOME IRRESPONSIBILITY Mk.4 FAITH
Gave them parables that inspired them to serve Christ.
Irresponsible - not responsible to any authority, not accountable.
1. Purpose of Parables Mk.4:1-12;
Create a desire to gain insight vs.11
2. Parable of Sower Explained Mk.4:13-20;
Create a desire to examine yourself
3. Parables to Encourage Personal Growth Mk.4:21-25;
1. Parable of the Lamp Mk.4:21-25;
Vision of Purpose
2. Parable of the Seed Mk.4:26-29;
Reason for Patience
3. Parable of the Mustard Seed Mk.4:30-34
Picture of your Potential
Correct Response Mk.4:35-41;
Wind & waves obey but why don't we, irresponsible?
OVERCOME IRREVERENCE Mk.5 HOPE
Overcome your fears by submitting to Christ.
Irreverence - showing no respect
1. Demon Possessed Man Mk.5:1-17;
Did not fear God, caught up in sinful behaviors.
2. Hemorrhaging Woman Mk.5:25-34;
Did not fear God, looked to men for her healing.
3. Jarius's Dying Daughter Mk.5:21-24,35-43
Did not fear God, served false religion.
Correct Response Mk.5:18-20
All 3 submitted by bowing before Christ in reverence.
OVERCOME IRRELEVANCE Mk.6 LOVE
Overcome your irrelevance (resentment)
1. Nazareens Saw Jesus as Irrelevant Mk.6:1-13;
Didn't bring sick, no faith in Jesus ability, one of us.
2. Herodias Saw John's Warning Being Irrelevant Mk.6:14-29
Decided to kill the messenger.
3. Apostles Saw Feeding Crowds As Irrelevant Mk.6:30-52
So learned nothing from miracle Mk.6:52
Correct Response Mk.6:53-56;
Saw Jesus as very relevant so sacrificed their time to
bring sick and all were healed.
OVERCOME CORRUPTION Mk.7 FAITH
Careful what you allow your mind to dwell on.
1. Traditions Can Invalidate Word of God Mk.7:1-13;
Focus on man's teachings not God's.
2. Source of Corruption Mt.7:14-23;
What we allow to dwell in our hearts.
3. Living Without Corruption Mk.7:31-37
Deaf mute, can't escape corruption in world.
Correct Response Mk.7:24-30
She overcame by her love for her daughter
and her faith in Christ.
OVERCOME CONTEMPT Mk. 8 HOPE
Contempt - feeling that a person is low, worthless, a despising
1. The Apostles Towards the 4,000 Mk.8:1-21;
Contempt because they had to feed them again.
2. The Blind Man Towards Everyone Mk.8:22-26;
Contempt because here comes another bad joke.
3. Peter Toward Christ Mk.8:27-33;
Contempt Jesus didn't understand the role of the Messiah.
Correct Response Mk.8:34-38;
Deny yourself, take up your cross, follow Me.
OVERCOME CONTROLLING Mk.9 LOVE
1. Peter Controlling at Mt. of Transfiguration Mk.9:1-13
Don't control, this is My Son, listen to Him vs.7
2. Disciples Controlling the Healing Mk.9:14-29
Arguing with scribes, need to wrestle in prayer.
3.John Controlling Other Disciples Mk.9:30-49
Learn to be a servant Mk.9:39
Learn to be accepting Mk.9:40-41;
Learn to be cautious Mk.9:42-48;
Correct Response Mk.9:50
Have salt in you and be at peace with one another
do not try to be in control of others.
OVERCOME DISDAIN Mk.10 FAITH
Disdain - to look down on, consider beneath oneself, scorn
1. Disdain Destroys Mariages Mk.10:1-16;
God made male and female, two become one, equal, as children.
2. Disdain Destroys Chance For Relationships Mk.10:17-31;
Rich look with disdain toward the poor.
3. Disdain Sours Friendships Mk.10:32-45;
Peter and John want superior positions over others.
Correct Response Mk.10:46-52;
Bartimaeus - no disdain, desires only to be with Christ.
OVERCOME DOUBT Mk.11 HOPE
Doubt - not to believe, not to feel sure of,
Doubt and action are incompatible
1. Results When Men Doubt God's Word Mk.11:12-19;
1. Have no fruit Mk.11:12-14;
2. Change worship Mk.11:14-17;
3. Use ungodly ways Mk.11:18-19;
2. Jesus' Teaching Conccerning Doubt Mk.11:20-26;
Pray and you shall receive.
3. What Causes Doubt Mk.11:27-33
Refusing to recognize Jesus' authority.
Correct Response Mk.11:1-11;
When men trust His Word, God is glorified. triumphal entry.
OVERCOME DEFIANCE Mk.12 LOVE
Defiant - openly resisting or challenging, hostile.
1. Parable of Defiant Vinedressers Mk.12:1-12;
Defiant to owner, abused messengers, killed son.
2. Three Defiant Questions Mk.12:13-34
1. Pay Taxes 2. Who's wife 3. Greatest commandment
3. Defiance Creates Spiritual Hypocrits Mk.12:35-40
Beware of the scribes who devour widow's houses.
Correct Response Mk.12:41-44
The widow's mites, out of poverty, out in all she had ot live on.
OVERCOME APATHY Mk.13 KILLS FAITH
Apathy is a lack of interest or desire and it kills your faith.
Lack of interest to study and lack of desire to memorize.
1. The Problem Mk.13:1-4;
2. The Solution Take Heed: Mk.13:5-23;
1. Do not be Misled Mk.13:5-8;
2. Do not Deceive Yourself Mk.13:9-13;
3. Do not Ignore the Word Mk.13:14-23;
3. The Urgency Mk.13:24-32;
Correct Response Mk.13:33-37;
Man who keeps watch.
OVERCOME HYPOCRISY Mk.14 KILLS HOPE
Hypocrisy is Greek for actor, one who pretends to be another.
Hypocrisy will kill your hope pretending to be a disciple.
1. Three Examples of Hypocits
1. Chief Priests Mk.14:1-2;
2. Judas Mk.14:10,11;
3. Peter & disciples Mk.14:28-31;
2. Jesus Knew of Their Hypocrisy
1. Chief Priests Mk.14:12-16;
2. Judas Mk.14:17-26;
3. Peter & disciples Mk.14:27-28;
3. Jesus Example of Beating Hypocrisy
1. Stay Alert Mk.14:33-34;
2. Pray Mk.14:35;
3. Know God knows Mk.14:36
Correct Response Mk.14:3-9;
Woman (Mary) anointing Jesus for His burial.
OVERCOME MOCKERY Mk.15 KILLS LOVE
1. They Mocked Jesus Mk.15:1-32
1. Judges Mocked Mk.15:1-15;
2. Soldiers Mocked Mk.15:16-24;
3. People Mocked Mk.15:25-32;
2. God Stopped Their Mocking Mk.15:33-34;
3. Some Were Humbled Mk.15:35-41;
Correct Response Mk.15:42-47;
Joseph of Arimathea
OVERCOME UNBELIEF Mk.16
The Resurrection gives us the strength to overcome it all.
1. The Empty Tomb Mk.16:1-8;
2. Eye Witness Accounts Mk.16:9-14;
1. Jesus appears to Mary Mk.16:9-11;
2. Jeaus appears to 2 disciples Mk.16:12-13;
3. Jesus appears to the eleven Mk.16:14
3. The Great Commission Mk.16:15-18;
Correct Response Mk.16:19-20;
They went out and preached everywhere..